Tuesday 18 September 2012

Jabba's Rancor Pit Playset

I was inspired by a great video on the web, taking a light hearted look at the old Return of the Jedi toys... http://www.youtube.com/retroblasting (hope you don't mind me referencing your youtube channel).
So, with this in mind I started to draw out a new model for Jabba's Rancor Pit!  The basic idea for this model is that again, it'll be printed on A3 sticker sheets and mounted to 5mm foam board.

The board has slots in it to join the different panels together (so that it can be dismantled again).

In this design, I wanted to have some detail that stood away from the walls to make it feel more 'cave' like.  I also wanted to include a 'hide away' for Luke... the hungry Rancor can't eat our hero!

Unfortunately, my printer has broken recently and with an upcoming house move, I'll have to wait before I can finish this and the previous Rishi Outpost playsets.  Keep watching this space and hopefully, I'll be able to post the finished playsets soon.


2 comments:

  1. Do you have a youtube account where you make videos on how to make playsets? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haven, thanks for the comment. I don't have a YouTube account. The playsets are really fairly simple construction. I draw the artwork using CorelDraw software. Print on A3 sticky paper. Then mount on 5mm foam board, cut to size. All my designs use simple 'scissor' slots to join together. Hope that answers your question. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete